About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Speed!!

How can Stephan be so fast on the stike? I don't understand it!! Today I did jigeiko with for the first time and he was every time faster then I was. Maybe my forearms were too tense.

I worked on mostly Men-strike today. A advice from Jasmin is that my Men-strike is too low. It hits on the metal guard more than the top. To correct that I brought both my arms higher, and then push my right arm forward/downward. This eventually worked. And I found this way of striking renders the opponent's blocking less effective.

I also work on Seme, which successfully distracted several people (but not Stephan).

I have to increase my speed. But not sure how.

No comments: