About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Training systematics

In jigeiko I mainly did Men-strikes with what I found yesterday, namely, bring the arms higher. I felt an improvement from yesterday. It's especially apparent when I was able to score against someone who two weeks ago was impossible for me (see this entry ). I also almost gave Jens a couple of head -on Men-strikes, but my shinai fell on his shoulder. Seems like I need to improve accuracy. It's also interesting that he rotates his shinai in a small circle constantly to distract my attention, and at the same time he can pull it suddenly from the smooth rotation and strike accurately.

  • The things I should work on are pretty much the same as the previous training. Yet one more thing is the Kote-strike. My left hand tend to be too low. I should move my left hand more forwards rather than downwards.
To build up my own training systematics, I asked the people on Kendo-world forum what method they use. See this thread.

No comments: