About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Men-kaeshi-men

A moment ago just as I was walking to the kitchen to get some tea, I remembered some moments of jigeiko on Tuesday before my foot injury. One popped up my mind, in particular, was the men-kaeshi-men, which nevered worked so nicely before. The footwork can be very easily analysed as the following:
  1. Opponent strikes men;
  2. the receiver raises his shinai (tip to the right);
  3. Take a step to the left with the left foot. (The left foot should land on the ground at the instant the two shinais meet);
  4. The right foot follows and at the same time , using the point of contact with the other shinai as the pivot (or the right hand), reverse the shinai to strike men.

No comments: