About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Exhaustion brings essential kendo

Just got back from the training in the Uni. The training was very intense. After the warm-up and the suburi we began with kirikaeshi, twice 3x men-uchi and twice 3x kote-uchi, 10x men-only ai-kakarigeiko four times, and finally jigeiko.

I enjoyed ai-kakaigeiko as usual. The most difficult opponents were Martin and Lili, who held their centres very strong. For some reason, maybe she move slightly off centre the last minute, very often Lili hit my men but I missed, even though I aimed and went straight in. The jigeiko with Stephan was very.. well, inspiring should I say, which made me work harder. But of course I should fight with equally high energy with everyone. At the end of the training session I was totally exhausted, hardly able to keep my posture. Good training.

To be improved:

  • Still more centre!
  • Faster strikes
  • Do-strike hit on target.

Stephan spoke of the idea of having an extra training session in the Thurday mornings from 7:30am - 8:30am, doing just mawari-geiko. In principle, it's a good idea. But I must also see if I can actually work afterwards.

Starving.. will cook myself a nice meal, and ... wash the hakama!

No comments: