About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Monday, October 02, 2006

More centre!

Today trained with only Georg and Michael. No one else came for some reason. Again I have been trying to have a better centre, for which I'm slowly improving. But now I have to make it more natural, instead of just holding the centre and not attacking.

A few tips from Georg:
  • Hiki-waza: use the forward movement of the shinai and the arms to propel the body backwards in order to gain the optimal distance.
  • Men strike: my sashi-(small) men is too light. Use the left wrist more and hit stronger.

Other notes:
  • When turning around and maintain zanshin, quickly come back to chudan and hold the centre. Try not to raise the shinai immediately or while turning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ivan,
i left a xanga msg for u. but in case u dont' check xanga that often, here are some dojos ur friend can look at goign to. I won't be free to take him around though for a month..but he can still call the dojos himself and go visit.

Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays:
台北劍道館
北市和平西路三段 2 巷 31 號
(02)2586-0818

Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday:
修道館
北市寧波西街 74 號 8 樓
(02)2306-7567

Sunday:
榮總劍道館
石牌榮民總醫院東院孝威館 2 樓
(02)8751416

I hope this helps.

-eugenia

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the addresses! For some reason I didn't get the message in Xanga