About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Go to bed early!

Tuesday 14th Nov

To be fair I didn't train so hard today. My body wasn't as exhausted like I would normally push it to be.

We did the debana-kote. I still need to improve on the speed. During the jigeiko I could score quite easily with most people, so I didn't feel very motivated. But I should really turn it on myself, otherwise the training is not so useful for me.


Thursday 16th Nov morning practise

The practise started at 7-ish am. I didn't go to bed very early the previous night, so getting up was a reeeeal struggle. When I arrived at the dojo I realised that my contact lenses were still in bed. I mean I was still in bed, no.. well, errr. So I squeezed my glasses into the men. Throughout the keiko it wobbled a lot and so did the vision. As a result I missed the targets often, and it was hard to concentrate. On top of these, my left forearm still hurt. Subconciously I used more my right hand which resulted in bad centre and bad hit. I might take a few days break to let it recover.

In any case, it was a good exercise in the morning before going to work. There were only four today. Stephan was fast and powerful as usual, who totally nailed me. We had the chance to perform jigeiko twice with everyone, ending each with ippon-shobu. I lost once and won once by harai-kote to Stephan, and drew the other matches.

I wasn't very pleased with my performance, and the main way to improve is to go to bed early.

No comments: