About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Training with Tatsuro 2

Yesterday evening we had the last training with Tatsuro. 15 people with bogu turned up and we had plenty of time for mawari jigeiko. It was a bit embarrassing that Tatsuro got a straight men-strike in the first few seconds during the jigeiko with me.

I took his advice from the day before that I should fight for the centre, but then I forgot about the maai and I was often too close to the opponents.

Lately I started to use tsuki when training with certain people during jigeiko, and got nice surprising results. But at the moment I'm still exploring this technique.

No comments: