About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Watching practice



The first thing was the smell of bogu coming to my face. I felt a combination of discomfort and joy. After three weeks of absence I went back to the dojo and watched the training, which was again lead by Wakimoto Sensei. This time I took the full advantage of being an audience, and took some videos to share with you all. For the first time in the trainings lead by him, there was 30 mins jigeiko. The dojo was crowded as usual so it seemed difficult for everyone to execute a proper Zanshin.

Sensei stressed again big and firm men-cuts, and the coordination of the feet with the cut. After zanshin and turning around, the right foot should be immediately light so that it's possible to launch a strike again.

In the kihon practice, we started with kirikaeshi with a pause between each men-cut. The other exercises included:
  • Motodachi seme, and kakarite strikes men.
  • Motodachi strikes kote, and kakarite executes a nuki-men by raising his arm high up. Like in the first Kata.
Now a couple of videos:


Jigeiko between Labru Sensei (6th Dan) and a young (perhaps 2th Dan) kendoka. The posture of Labru Sensei is certainly one to learn from!


Jigeiko of Wakimoto Sensei with members and at the end is a short practice between Yoshimura Sensei with another member.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Labru的中段果然架勢十足
穩如泰山---
沒有日本老師與法國劍友對打的video嗎?

Unknown said...

有滴..上傳時間久了一點
不好意思:)