About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Sauna

The weather is getting warmer and warmer. After each training my whole body felt well-cooked from the steam. Perhaps if I can convince myself that it is a kendo + sauna, then it would have been doubly enjoyable. However, just kendo is enjoyable enough anyhow!

Yesterday we had a good solid training, with about 20 mins kihon and 40 mins mawari-keiko. I fought with Patrick, Georg, Stephan, Theo and Lilli. I think sometimes it is fun to change my style of fighting according to my opponent, even though it is not the style I prefer, which is useful for shiai when participants' levels are mixed. 

A couple of thoughts:
  • When doing tsuki, it is important to keep the left hand in the centerline and use the hip to push the body and the body to push the left hand and the left hand to push the kensen forwards. Another problem is zanshin. I landed one tsuki spot-on, but didn't execute the zanshin (stepping backwards, etc).
  • In jigeiko, I was too tense to bring speed to my kote-men. Next time I should remind myself that.

No comments: